Information that We Collect
Through your use of our Site, we may collect personally identifiable information (“PII”), which is information that identifies an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. PII may include, but is not limited to, your first and last name, physical address, email address, mobile phone number, Social Security number, and date of birth. We collect the following types of information:
- Information Provided by You
If you express interest in our services, we will collect certain PII from you, including contact information (such as name and email), which we will use to contact you. We may request additional PII that is necessary for verification and card activation, such as your physical address, Social Security number, mobile phone number, date of birth, and bank account information and numbers. Additionally, we may collect PII to verify your identity, for security-related purposes, or other administrative purposes. In order to provide services to you, we may on occasion supplement the PII you submit to us with information from third-party sources, such as consumer report information.
If you contact us or otherwise provide us with information about yourself, we will maintain records of your correspondence. This may include any of your questions, comments, or suggestions.
Account and Transaction Information
We collect information about your use of our services. For example, in processing a payment with you, such information would include your name, amount of payment, and your bank account information, including account numbers, routing numbers, debit card numbers and similar information. Other information that we collect includes your transaction history, payment history, and account balance. We also collect tokens from online services and payment systems.
Device and Usage Information
We may automatically collect the following types of information as you use our Site and services.
- Usage Information: We collect certain information automatically through your use of the Site, such as which of our web pages you access, the frequency of access, and what you click on while on our Site.
- Location Information: We may collect information about your actual location that may be determined from: IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may reveal information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points, and cell towers.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the device you are using such as: hardware model, operating system, application version number, browser, and IP addresses.
- Mobile Device Information: In addition to the Device Information listed above, when you access our Site via a browser on your mobile device, we may also collect mobile network information including phone number, the unique device identifier assigned to that device, mobile carrier, operating system, and other device attributes.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record-keeping purposes.
- Session Cookies: We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our Site. The session ID cookie expires 24 hours after you sign in to our Site.
- Persistent Cookies: We use persistent cookies that remain on your hard drive for an extended period of time. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Site. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file.
If you reject cookies, you may still use our Site, but your ability to use some areas of our Site may be limited. For example, you cannot create an account with us or take out a loan or other product without accepting cookies.
We may also use other website or mobile tracking technologies, such as device fingerprinting, to identify you and keep track of your preferences, prevent fraudulent activity or improve Site security, assess the performance of the Site, and deliver content to you based on your interests on our site and third-party sites.
Statistical or aggregated information does not directly identify a specific person, but it may be derived from your PII. For example, we may aggregate PII to calculate the percentage of users in a particular ZIP code.
- Third Party Data Collection
- How We Use and Share Information
We use PII we collect in the following ways:
- Process Transactions: We use PII to provide our services, including card activation, registration and customer service.
- Communicate: We use PII to communicate with you about our Site and services. This may include reminders, information that you have requested, or notification of important changes to our Site and services.
- Marketing: We may occasionally send you information about products and services that we believe will be of interest to you. During any such communication, we will provide you with the option not to receive any future marketing communications.
- Specific Purposes: You may be asked to provide information for a specific purpose. For example, providing mobile number or email address to facilitate account verification. We will only use the information that you provide for the purpose for which you provided it to us.
- Customer Support: We may use your PII to provide you support or other services you have ordered. For example, we may need your information in order to provide technical support or answer questions about your account.
- Site Maintenance: We analyze how our users interact with our Site and services in order to maintain and improve our Site and services. We also use information that we collect to diagnose any problems with our Site or services to improve the user experience.
We reserve the right to share information, including PII, with third parties, as described below:
- Service Providers: We may share information with service providers that help us perform functions and process your transactions.
- Affiliates: We may share information with a parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- Other Companies: We may share information with other companies for purposes of marketing our products to you or for analyzing our business and transactions.
- Corporate Structure: We may share information in connection with a merger, acquisition, consolidation, change of control, or sale of all or a portion of our assets or if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation.
- To Prevent Harm: We may share information if we believe it is necessary in order to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person.
- As Required by Law: We will share information where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders or legal process, to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims or demands, or to comply with requirements of mandatory applicable law.
- With your Consent: We may request your permission to share your PII for a specific purpose. We will notify you and request consent before you provide the PII or before the PII you have already provided is shared for such purpose.
- Without Identifying You: We may share information in a manner that does not identify you. For example, we may share anonymous, aggregate information about your use of our Site and products with our service providers.
- California Residents
California residents please see the Privacy Notice for California Residents.